parmesan baked flounder - dinner 4/26/17
omg y'all... tonight's dinner was SO easy and SO GOOG! that's right, i said "goog." Honey and i were having a special night--for no reason at all, just cuz we love treating ourselves xoxo--and i came across this Food & Wine recipe for baked flounder with parmesan. i jumped at the chance to make it and lightly adapted it to my own taste, seasoning it with our favorite Columbia Seasoning mix and pairing it with proper fixins like oven roasted green beans, rosemary-olive oil brown rice & quinoa, and a BONE DRY white wine from France *swoons*
for the brown rice & quinoa
• one box Near East Rosemary & Olive Oil Quinoa Blend.
for the green beans
• 1/2 - 1 lb fresh green beans (we like our greens so i tend to make a lot)
• 1 -2 tbsp olive oil (just enough to lightly coat the beans and the pan)
• 1 - 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
• salt & pepper to taste
for the fish
• 2 flounder filets
• 1/2 tsp Columbia seasoning
• 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
• 1 tbsp olive oil + more to grease the pan
• 1/4 c panko bread crumbs
• 1/4 c s finely shredded parmesan cheese
• juice from 1 - 2 slices of lemon
• 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1. pre-heat the oven to 425ºF. With olive oil, lightly grease a baking sheet (for the green beans) and baking dish (for the fish).
***you can use the same baking vessel for the fish and beans since they cook at the same temp & time, but we make so many beans, there's no room in the pan lollll...
2. cook Quinoa Blend according to box instructions and set aside, covered.
3. while the quinoa blend is cooking and the oven is heating up, clean and de-stem the green beans. lightly coat with olive oil and season with minced garlic, salt & pepper. place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and set aside.
4. season the flounder fillets with Columbia Seasoning and place in the prepared baking dish. in a bowl, mix together the melted butter, olive oil, panko and parmesan. divide evenly and sprinkle over the flounder filets.
5. place the flounder and green beans into the oven and bake @ 425ºF for 15 min. or until the beans and fish are cooked and golden brown. season lightly with a squeeze of fresh lemon and garnished with fresh parsley (in hindsight i WISH i had fresh parsley, hence why it isn't pictured, but it would've been a BMAF ingredient. . . c'est la vie, n'est pas?)
6. serve with a SOOOOPER dry white wine and enjoy!
Cooking For Now published 4/26/17