holy shrimp burger!
holy shrimp, this burger was so freaking goog!!! i hope y'all can try out this recipe as it is my new flavorite thing ever and probably my go to meal for summer 2017. the kool thing about using ground shrimp as a base is you can season it and fix it up in so many ways and its such a nice change of pace from the usual beef patties (not that i’m eating red meat anymore but…whatevs). try seasoning the ground shrimp with green onion, soy sauce and sesame oil for a little Asian flare or top it with watermelon salsa for some refreshing summertime flavor. think of your favorite shrimp dish and turn it into a burger—you can’t go wrong!
for me, this recipe made 4 english muffin sized burgers so feel free to adjust the measurements to suit your buns ;) also, i don’t own a grill (its illegal to have one in my nyc apartment :ppp) so i pan seared my patties. the mix is a little sticky so i’m not sure how it would hold up on a grill….it might need more bread crumbs to make a firmer patty? idk so grill at your own risk!
happy eating y’all :)
• 1/2 lb ground shrimp
• 1/4 c (1 small stock) celery, finely diced
• 1/4 c (1-2 stems) green onion, finely sliced
• 1/2 c bread crumbs
• 1 tsp fresh lime juice
• 1/2 tsp Columbia Seasoning
• 1/2 c purple cabbage, finely shredded
• 1/2 c green cabbage, finely shredded
• 1/4 c red onion, thinly sliced
• 2 tbsp celery leaves
• 1/2 Tbsp sugar
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp pepper
• 1 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
• 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
• 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
• 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
• 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
• tomato slices
• olive oil
1. mix the mayonnaise and chipotle powder together and chill until ready to use.
2. mix the slaw ingredients together and chill until ready to use.
3. mix the shrimp patty ingredients together and form into patties. wrap patties individually in parchment or plastic wrap and chill for 30 min.
4. heat a skillet over medium heat. add a small amount of olive oil and butter and cook until the sizzling butter subsides. add your shrimp patties and cook for 3 min. on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. remove and cover with foil, allowing the patties to rest.
5. lightly toast your buns in the skillet then serve with spicy mayo, shrimp patties, tomato & sweet slaw. enjoy!
published 5/29/17 Cooking For Now